Requests for Disclosure, Etc. of Relevant Personal Information
When making a request for notification of Purposes of Use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, discontinuation of use, elimination, etc. (hereinafter collectively, a “Request for Disclosure, etc.”) of personal information for which These Offices have the authority to disclose, correct content, make additions or deletions, discontinue use, eliminate, or discontinue provision to third parties (hereinafter the “Relevant Personal Information Possessed”), please mail the necessary documents to the department responsible, according to the appropriate method of the following procedures.
(Please understand that we are unable to accept requests made directly in person at our office.)
■Persons who can request disclosure, etc.
(1) The client
(2) The legal representative of a client that is a minor or an incapacitated adult
(3) A representative given power of attorney by the client to request disclosure, etc.
■ Required Documents
(1)When procedures are handled by the client
1. Prescribed written request
Please download and print out the appropriate form below, fill in the necessary items, and enclose documents for identity verification and the processing fee (only for requests for notification of Purposes of Use and requests for disclosure), and then mail them to the delivery address below using a method by which a record is made of acceptance and delivery, such as registered mail, recorded delivery, delivery-certified mail, etc.
2. Documents for confirmation of identity, etc.
Please send a copy of your Certificate of Residence (original) or a copy of your Certificate of Alien Registration (original) (restricted to those prepared within 30 days prior to the request), in addition to a copy of the portion of any of the following by which confirmation can be made of your name and address: driver’s license, any type of health insurance card, Certificate of Alien Registration, or Basic Resident Register card with photograph. Please note that copies of Certificates of Residence and Certificates of Alien Registration are official documents issued by local authorities, and we are unable to accept submission of copies thereof.
(2) When procedures are handled by a representative
1. Prescribed written request
2. Identification of the client (the same as those stated in (1)2 above)
3. In the case of a legal representative (person with parental authority), a copy of the family register listing the person with parental authority and the client
4. In the case of a legal representative (guardian of an incapacitated adult), Certificate of Guardianship Registration
5. In the case of representation by power of attorney, Power of Attorney (onto which the client has affixed his or her registered seal) and Seal Registration Certificate (pertaining to the seal affixed to the Power of Attorney) (restricted to those within three months from the date delivery was received)
6. Documents identifying the representative (equivalent to those of (1)2 above)
■ Delivery address for documents requesting disclosure, etc.
Contact for Handling Personal Information, Personnel Department
Kuroda Law Offices
2nd Akiyama Bldg. 5F 3-6-2 Toranomon
Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0001
■ Processing fees related to requests
Of requests for disclosure, etc., a processing fee of 600 yen per request will be required for requests for notification of Purposes of Use and requests for disclosure. Please be sure to write no name in the recipient field of the fixed money order (leave it blank). The person making a request will be responsible for any fees for purchasing a fixed money order and postal charges for mail to These Offices. No processing fees will be incurred for requests for correction of content, addition or deletion, discontinuation of use, or discontinuation of provision to a third party.
In the event that as a result of investigation it is found that personal information for which a request has been made for disclosure or notification of Purposes of Use has from the beginning not been in the possession of These Offices, we will give notice to that effect, and any processing fees we have received will not be returned. In the event that as a result of investigation it is found that personal information for which a request has been made for disclosure or notification of Purposes of Use has been appropriately eliminated or destroyed by These Offices, we will give notice to that effect, which will serve as notification of purpose of use or reply to such request for disclosure, and any processing fees we have received will not be returned.
■ Method of reply from These Offices
In principle, we will send a reply in writing by mail which can only be received by the client who made the request, within thirty days from receipt of the request. Even in cases in which procedures are conducted by a representative, it is necessary for the client to receive it. Additionally, when it falls under personal information stated in the following section that will not be disclosed, we will give notice additionally stating the reason, and any processing fees we have received will not be returned. Please note that there may be cases in which time is required until notice is made.
■ Personal Information that will not be disclosed
Please understand in advance that we are unable to disclose information in the following cases:
(1) When the subject of the request is not Relevant Personal Information Possessed
(2) When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the client or a third party
(3) When there is a risk of significant hindrance of execution of the business of These Offices
(4) When doing so will result in a violation of laws or ordinances
■ Personal information acquired in relation to requests for disclosure, etc.
Such information will be used only in order to handle the Request for Disclosure, etc. and we will dispose of it by an appropriate method after storing it for three years.