Intellectual Property Matters Relating to Taiwan
1. Strategies to combat intellectual property right infringement in Taiwan
In Taiwan today, counterfeit copies of genuine products are still being sold on the market. Further, there seems to be no end to cases of unrelated parties registering trademarks that are famous in other countries before the proper holder can register them in Taiwan. Therefore, using effective strategies to combat these and other infringements of intellectual property rights in Taiwan will continue to be important.
2. Legal restrictions on licensing of intellectual property in Taiwan
Taiwan’s Copyright Law, Trademarks Law, Patent Law and other laws impose restrictions on intellectual property. Therefore, it is necessary to take care not to breach these restrictions when licensing intellectual property or carrying out any other activities that may be subject to them.
3. Services provided by Kuroda Law Offices
We can provide advice on strategies against intellectual property right infringements (such as counterfeit products) and on points requiring caution when licensing intellectual property to and engaging in joint research and development with Taiwanese companies, based on our wealth of previous experience.
The major services we provide in relation to intellectual property matters relating to Taiwan include:
- Responding to infringements of intellectual property rights (including patent and trademark rights) in Taiwan
- Filing applications for intellectual property rights (including patent and trademark rights) in Taiwan
- Legal advice on licensing intellectual property (including patent rights, know-how and trademark rights) to Taiwanese companies
- Legal advice on joint research and development with Taiwanese companies, Taiwanese universities, etc.
- Auditing royalties for licensees in Taiwan