- Friday, May 25, 2012
- Legal Issues in Closing and Downscaling Business Locations in China
- Presented by
- Representative Attorney Kenji Kuroda
- Hosted by
- Japan Knowledge Center Co., Ltd.
- 3rd floor conference room, Ginza Phoenix Plaza (Paper Pulp Hall)
Closing and downscaling business locations in China can cause legal issues for the parent company. In the first part of this seminar, founding partner and representative attorney Kenji Kuroda compares a range of reorganization methods, including merger, equity transfer, and liquidation and dissolution, and provides information on preparations, points to take careful note of and other practical aspects of each method. The second part goes into detail about labor issues in reorganizations, dealing with both maintaining existing contracts (temporary leave) and cancelling or terminating existing contracts.
Part 1: Examination of reorganization methods
- Comparing various reorganization methods
- Practice and points to note regarding the merger method (using absorption-type mergers as an example)
- Practice and points to note regarding the equity transfer method
- Practice and points to note regarding liquidation and dissolution
Part 2: Labor problems when reorganizing
- Methods when maintaining agreements (temporary leave)
- Methods when terminating or cancelling agreements