Attorney at Law Admitted in New York
Mr. Marcos’ desire to escape harsh New England winters led him to enroll at a university in Hawaii, where he gained an interest in Japan through the academic curriculum and interaction with exchange students. In Japan, Mr. Marcos has been involved in domestic and international matters and drafts a variety of licensing, service and advisory, corporate, and securitization agreements.
- Intern, Law Offices of Kevin James, Massachusetts, 2002–2003
- Legal Compliance, Morgan Stanley Properties Japan, K.K., Tokyo, 2004
- Instructor, Temple University, Japan Campus, 2005–2006
- TMI Associates, Tokyo, 2005–2013
- Kuroda Law Offices, Tokyo, 2013–present
- Hawaii Pacific University, Hawaii Loa Campus, Bachelor of Arts, 1989
- Columbia University, TESOL-Japan. 1992–93
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston (U.S.A.), Juris Doctor, 2004
- Beasley School of Law at Temple University, Japan Campus, LL.M. in Transnational Law, 2006
- Admitted to the New York State Bar, 2008 (Not admitted in Japan)
- First Prize in the Nathan Burkan Memorial Competition sponsored by the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP), Suffolk University Law School, 2003
- Securities Regulation in Japan (2005 edition) (chief editor). Capital Markets Research Institute, 2005.
Securities Regulation in Japan (2006 edition) (chief editor). Capital Markets Research Institute, 2006.
- English and Japanese