Attorney at Law
Ms. Morikawa majored in family and succession law at Meiji University. After finishing training at the Legal Training and Research Institute, she studied in a short-term language course at Donghua University in Shanghai. Since entering the firm and beginning her service here, she has worked on a broad variety of cases, from domestic cases such as general civil and commercial matters, through disputes between foreign and Japanese enterprises, to drafting letters of advice and written opinions for enterprises looking to expand internationally. She continues to apply herself diligently in a wide range of legal matters, and endeavors daily to ensure optimal and prompt legal services to satisfy our clients.
Major matters handled
• Damages claim based on breach of accountability
When the purchaser of a trust beneficiary right sued the seller’s agent for damages based on a breach of accountability, Ms. Morikawa acted for the seller’s agent in the litigation.
• Acquisition of a Japanese electronic parts manufacturing subsidiary by a foreign electronic parts manufacturer
Ms. Morikawa advised and represented the foreign electronic parts manufacturer in relation to its acquisition of a Japanese electronic parts manufacturing subsidiary
• Duty not to compete after resignation
Ms. Morikawa acted for a former director in a dispute on the effect of agreements imposing a duty not to compete after resignation on the former director
• Claim for the rescission of a trial decision on a registered trademark
Ms. Morikawa acted for the trademark holder in a claim for rescission of the trial decision allowing the revocation for non-use of the 速脳速聴 (rapid thinking, rapid hearing) registered trademark. She argued that the registered trademark and the actual manner of use, which included other elements with the registered trademark, are identical from a common sense perspective and succeeded in having the trial decision allowing the revocation of the registered trademark for non-use rescinded.
- Attorney at law, Kuroda Law Offices, 2005–Present
- Meiji University Faculty of Law, 2001
- Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court, 2005
- Passed the National Bar Examination of Japan, 2003
- Registered with Japan Federation of Bar Associations and Tokyo Bar Association; 58th term, 2005
- A Comprehensive Guide to Doing Business in Indonesia (co-author). Canaria Shoboh, 2009.
- Japanese, English and Chinese